Areas of Treatment:
- Chairman and Professor, Catherine and Joseph Aresty Department of Urology
- Founding Executive Director, USC Institute of Urology
- Associate Dean, Clinical Innovation, Keck School of Medicine of USC
Dr. Inderbir Gill is the Chairman and Professor of the Catherine and Joseph Aresty Department of Urology, Founding Executive Director of the USC Institute of Urology and Associate Dean for Clinical Innovation. The new Beverly Hills Program is a direct result of Dr. Gill’s leadership, vision and clinical expertise.
Dr. Gill is an internationally recognized leader in the field of robotic and laparoscopic surgery for urologic cancers. An acclaimed innovator, he is the world leader in laparoscopic partial nephrectomy and cryoablation for kidney cancer, having performed over 1,500 cases.
For his outstanding work, Dr. Gill has received numerous prestigious awards, including the Dr. B.C. Roy National Award, presented by the President of India for Eminent Medical Person in India. It marked the first time a physician living outside of India was selected for this national award. Dr. Gill also was awarded the St. Paul's Medal by the British Association of Urological Surgeons, which is the highest honor bestowed by the organization.
He has published more than 450 peer-reviewed scientific papers, 50 book chapters and eight textbooks. He was elected to the prestigious American Association of Genito-Urinary Surgeons in 2003 and was selected as European Urology’s first North American editor. This is the premiere Journal in the field of urology.
Dr. Gill is a distinguished researcher and prolific scholar. He has been listed among the “Best Doctors in America” for several years.
Dr. Gill is an internationally recognized leader in the field of robotic and laparoscopic surgery for urologic cancers. An acclaimed innovator, he is the world leader in laparoscopic partial nephrectomy and cryoablation for kidney cancer. Additionally, Dr. Gill and his team are leaders in robotic and laparoscopic surgery for prostate and bladder cancer, having pioneered many major surgical advances in these areas. Dr. Gill is a distinguished researcher and prolific scholar. He has been listed among the "Best Doctors in America" for several years.
- Doctor of Medicine, Government Medical College, Punjabi University, Patiala, India, 1980
- M.S., General Surgery, Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana, India
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, Urology, 1984 - 1987
- University of Kentucky Medical Center, Urology, 1991 - 1995
- Cleveland Clinic, Renal Transplantation and Renovascular Surgery, 1989 - 1991
- American Board of Urology
Professional Society Memberships:
- Urologic Society of India
- American Urologic Association
- British Association of Urologic Surgeons
- American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons
- Dr. Gill was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011.
- President, 24th World Congress of Endourology, 2006
- St. Paul's Medal, highest honor bestowed by the British Urological Association, 2006
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award, presented by the President of India for Eminent Medical Person in India, 2005
- Honorary Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, 2005
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 1998 - 2002, 2004, 2005
- Listed in Best Doctors in Cleveland area by Cleveland Magazine, 1998 - 2005
- Elected to the American Association of Genitourinary Surgeons, 2003
- Pfizer Scholars in Urology Award, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 1996