Areas of Treatment:
- Assistant professor of surgery
- Director, Pancreas Transplantation
- Abdominal Transplant Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Pancreatic Surgery
Dr. Dhanireddy specializes in liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation. Additionally, he is trained in surgical management of benign and malignant diseases of the pancreas and liver. He has a particular interest in liver resection and transplantation for the management of hepatocellular cancer.
Dr. Dhanireddy’s primary research interest is in transplant immune tolerance. He has written and co-authored multiple scientific manuscripts in this field. Additionally, Dr. Dhanireddy has published numerous book chapters and review articles on various topics, such as liver, kidney and pancreas transplant immunobiology.
He is an active member of the American Society of Transplantation, the International Liver Transplant Society and the American Society of Transplant Surgeons.
- Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2000
- Georgetown University Hospital, General Surgery, 2000 - 2001
- Georgetown University Hospital, General Surgery, 2001 - 2008
- UCLA Medical Center, Multi-Organ Abdominal Transplant, 2008 - 2010
- National Institute of Health, Transplant Immunobiology, 2003 - 2006
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Society of Transplant Surgeons
- International Liver Transplant Society
- Young Investigator Award from the American Society of Transplant Surgeons for outstanding research in the field of immune tolerance, 2005
- Science Award, The NIH International Role of Nitrite in Physiology, Pathophysiology, and Therapeutics Meeting, 2005
- American Society of Transplantation Trainee Travel Grant, 2006
- Strings of Pearls NominationÃÂ¢Ã¢âÂ¬Ã¢â¬ï¿½a resident teaching award from Georgetown University School of Medicine, 2007
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, Georgetown University School of Medicine