Areas of Treatment:
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Director of USC Norris Breast Center
Christy Russell, MD, is associate professor of medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC, Director of the USC Norris Breast Center and chief of medicine at USC Norris Cancer Hospital. She is a medical oncologist specializing in breast cancer at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and. As a board certified physician in both internal medicine and medical oncology, Russell has served as chief of staff and as a member of the Norris Leadership Council.
She received her medical degree from the Medical College of Pennsylvania and trained as a fellow in medical oncology and hematology at LAC+USC Medical Center. Russell lectures nationally and internationally and has authored numerous publications on breast and testicular cancer. She is a member of the Medical Advisory Board for the Wellness Community in Pasadena and a board member of the American Cancer Society.
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, BS, 1976
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1980
- Good Samaritan Medical Center and Phoenix Veteran's Hospital (Internal Medicine), Phoenix, AZ, July 1980 - June 1983
- LAC+USC Medical Center (Hematology/Medical Oncology), Los Angeles, CA, July 1983 - June 1986
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Cancer Society, Los Angeles County Regional Council, 1996 - 2001, 2003 - Present
- Southern California Academy of Clinical Oncology, 1996 - Present
- American Cancer Society, San Gabriel Valley Division, 1996 - Present
- American Cancer Society, California Division, Breast Health Committee, 1998 - 2001
- American Cancer Society, California Division, 1998 - Present
- American Cancer Society, California Division, Breast Initiative Team, 1999 - 2001
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Breast Disease
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Foothill Branch Angel Award , Wellness Community, 2003
- Visions of Hope Award, AstraZeneca Oncology, 2003
- Woman of Excellence in the Field of Medicine, YWCA Pasadena, 2004
- Women of Courage Award, ABC7 Los Angeles, 2006
- Dr. Russell was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011.
- 2011 list of America's Top Doctors, compiled by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd.