Areas of Treatment:
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Kim received her medical degree from Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea. She completed her residency in internal medicine at State University of New York, Buffalo and her fellowship training in geriatric medicine at University of California Los Angeles. Dr. Kim practiced one year at UCLA as an Assistant Clinical Professor of Internal Medicine before joining the faculty at University of Southern California.
Dr. Kim is currently Director of the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Training Program in the Division of Geriatric and General Internal Medicine in the Department of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. She is an attending physician at LAC+USC Medical Center, Keck Hospital of USC and Norris Cancer Hospital. Dr. Kim has served as a medical director for several nursing homes in the greater Los Angeles area. She speaks regularly at scientific meetings both in United States and Korea. Her academic interests include chronic medical problems in the frail elderly, comprehensive geriatric assessment, dementia, osteoporosis and long-term care in elderly. She is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
- College of Science, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 1988
- College of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea, 1992, Medical Degree
- State University of New York at Buffalo (Internal Medicine), Buffalo, NY, June 1993-June 1994
- State University of New York at Buffalo (Internal Medicine), Buffalo, NY, June 1994-June 1996
- University of California at Los Angeles (Geriatric Medicine), Los Angeles, CA, July 1996-June 1998
- Internal Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Geriatrics Society, 1998
- American College of Physicians, 1996
- American Society of Internal Medicine, 1996