Areas of Treatment:
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Professor of Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Director of the USC Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases
Dr. Mestman attended the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina and received his medical degree in 1955. He then came to Los Angeles to perform his internship and residency training at the Hospital of the Good Samaritan. Dr. Mestman completed his fellowship training in endocrinology and metabolism at USC. In addition to authoring over a hundred journal articles and book chapters on diabetes and thyroid disease, Dr. Mestman is the recipient of several prestigious honors, including the 2002 Norbert Frienkel Lecture Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Field of Diabetes and Pregnancy by the American Diabetes Association.
- Medical Doctor, University of Buenos Aires, 1955
- Hospital of the Good Samaritan, Los Angeles, CA, 1965 - 1966
- Hospital of the Good Samaritan, Los Angeles, CA, 1966 - 1968
- University of Southern California, Endocrinology & Metabolism, 1960 - 1963
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
Professional Society Memberships:
- American Diabetes Association
- Norbert Frienkel Lecture Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Field of Diabetes and Pregnancy by the American Diabetes Association, 2002.
- AACE Outstanding Clinical Endocrinologist, 2004
- Dr. Mestman was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011.