Areas of Treatment:
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program
Dr. Sapkin believes that most disease states including diabetes, hypertension and hypercholesterolemia can be prevented or effectively managed with lifestyle changes or medications. He enjoys educating his patients and encourages them to be well informed so they can take a team approach toward the prevention and management of conditions and diseases. As a result, he can effectively work with each patient to set goals and tailor a regimen to systematically meet these goals. As an associate program director for the LAC+USC Internal Medicine Residency Training Program, Dr. Sapkin works hard to stay abreast of the medical literature and is constantly incorporating the results of published medical research into his clinical practice. One of his primary goals is to keep his patients healthy so they have more time to spend doing the things they love and less time in the clinic and hospital.
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, BS (Molecular Biology), Phi Beta Kappa, 1993
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, 1998
- LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, Internal Medicine, July 1998 - June 2001
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Dean's Scholar, University of California, San Diego, CA, 1990 - 1993
- Membership, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 1993
- Best Intern, Department of Internal Medicine, 1999
- Best Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, 2001
- Dr. Sapkin was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011.