Areas of Treatment:
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
Dr. Orrange received her BA in Biology at the University of California, San Diego and a Masters Degree in Public Health at the Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health. She received her MD from the Keck School of Medicine of USC and completed residency in internal medicine at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Orrange spent time during and after graduate school as a community health educator in East Baltimore and West Virginia doing teen pregnancy prevention and HIV education. She began work 14 years ago with the Department of Cardiology at LAC+USC Medical Center participating in ongoing research on the long-term outcome of patients with mitral stenosis who have undergone catheter balloon valvuloplasty and authored a publication in Circulation.
Dr Orrange has served as the medical advisor on a leading health social networking site Dailystrength.org and writes a weekly blog on various topics in primary care for Dailystrength and Sharecare. She is also the medical advisor and blogger for Goodrx.com a prescription drug price comparison website. Dr Orrange has partnered with a group of investigators from UC Davis and has several recent publications assessing the use of online information seeking by patients prior to and after their physician visits.
Dr. Orrange has been an invited lecturer for internal medicine and psychiatry residents on depression and anxiety disorders in primary care as well as womenâs health issues.
Currently, Dr. Orrange is an assistant professor of medicine in the Division of Geriatric, Hospitalist and General Internal Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC. She spends part of her time as the attending physician for medical students and residents during their medicine rotations at LAC+USC Medical Center and Keck Hospital of USC. Dr. Orrange has an active private practice in general internal medicine and is a fellow of the American College of Physicians. Dr. Orrange has been included on the Best Doctors in America list, named one of Pasadena Magazineâs Top Docs and included on the Los Angeles Times Best Doctors in SoCal list.
- B.A., Biology, University of California, San Diego, 1990
- M.H.S., School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, 1992
- Doctor of Medicine, Keck School of Medicine of USC, 1998
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1998 - 1999
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 1999 - 2001
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Professional Society Memberships:
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American Heart Association Laverna Titus Young Investigator Award and Forum Presentation, 1998
- Winner of the American College of Physicians Medical Student Abstract Competition with Poster Presentation Philadelphia, PA 1997
- Dean's List, University of California, San Diego, 1989 - 1990