Areas of Treatment:
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
While pursuing his education, Dr. Ailawadhi was routinely recognized for his academic accomplishments, receiving awards for excellence in the fields of biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, ophthalmology and community medicine. After moving to the U.S. from India, Dr. Ailawadhi went to upstate New York for residency and fellowship programs at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute and State University of New York at Buffalo. Beginning in 2007, Dr. Ailawadhi was the chief administrative fellow for Roswell Park’s medical oncology department and served as the basic science preceptor and the clinical assistant instructor of medicine for the Institute’s graduate and medical students.
Dr. Ailawadhi is a member of several medical societies, such as the American Society of Hematology and the American Medical Association. Dr. Ailawadhi was a volunteer advisor for incoming interns at SUNY Buffalo and while in India, he volunteered for the National AIDS Control Organization.
Many of Dr. Ailawadhi’s research interests are focused on treating Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia, a rare cancer of the white blood cells. He has been participating in various research projects since 1998 and is the principal investigator on a clinical trial that studies the effect of different medications in treating Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia. His extensive research has allowed him to co-author nearly 15 publications for noted medical journals as well as numerous abstracts and book chapters. In 2007 alone, Dr. Ailwadhi was invited to six different conferences to lecture on his research, visiting such cities as Chicago, Buffalo, Palm Beach and Boston.
- University College of Medical Sciences and Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Delhi, India (MBBS), 1995 - 2000
- Medical Microbiology Residency, University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India, 2001 - 2003
- Internal Medicine Residency, State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2003 - 2006
- Clinical Research Fellow, Multiple Myeloma Clinic, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2007 - 2008
- Continuity Fellow, Multiple Myeloma Clinic, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2007 - 2008
- Fellow, Medical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute and State University of New York at Buffalo, NY, USA, 2006 - 2008
- Diplomate in Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Professional Society Memberships:
- Member, American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Associate Member, American College of Physicians/American Society of Internal Medicine (ACP)
- Member, American Medical Association (AMA)
- Dr. Ailawadhi was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011.