Areas of Treatment:
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Director of the Center for Advanced Lung Disease
Dr. Kamyan Afshar is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine and specializes in areas of advanced lung disease and provides medical therapy in the various Intensive Care Units at the Keck Hospital of USC and is an active medical educator by serving as an associate program director of the pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine fellowship program.
While at USC, Dr. Afshar has continued his research in the fields of cystic fibrosis, lung transplant, Sarcoidosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. He currently serves as a co-investigator on two studies. The first addresses development of a one-way endobronchial valve for patients with hetergenors emphysema. The second addresses the use of a cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) potentiator.
Dr. Afshar is also the Web Chair for the Clinical Problem Assembly of the American Thoracic Society and serves as a contributing editorial to various journals.
- BS, Biochemistry and Cell Biology - University of California, San Diego 1997
- University of Southern California, Internal Medicine 2002-2003
- University of Southern California, Internal Medicine, 2003-2008
- University of Southern California, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine 2005-2008
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Critical Care
Professional Society Memberships:
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- Dr. Afshar was voted a Top Doctor by Pasadena Magazine in 2011-2013.
- "America's Top Physicians," Consumers' Research Council of America, 2009
- Academic Keys Who's Who in Medicine Higher Education (WWMHE), 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Gamma Chapter; Resident of the Year (USC)
- Teacher of the Year as a House Officer (KSOM), ICU Fellow of the Year (USC + LAC)
- Southern California Pulmonary Research Symposium Young Investigator Award, 2008