Associate Professor in the Division of Medical Education: Educational Research Specialist
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
Located on USC's Health Sciences Campus, the Keck School of Medicine is home to nationally recognized physicians practicing in a multitude of clinical specialties –- as well as several research institutes, including the USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, and the Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine. The Keck School faculty physicians educate students, lead research investigations and oversee patient care in the School’s five partner hospitals. These faculty members do not simply teach medical and biological science, they actively contribute to the creation of new knowledge. In the process, they impact what is taught, thought, and practiced throughout the world.
- Support the faculty of Keck School of Medicine in conducting, publishing and presenting educational research.
- Collaborate with the faculty of Keck School of Medicine to conduct, publish, and present educational research.
- Teach research skills to fellows and other faculty through the Division of Medical Education’s faculty development programs.
- Secure grant funding for educational research projects.
- Conduct, present and publish his/her own research.
- Ability to assist faculty in funding educational research projects
- Working knowledge of one or more statistical software packages (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
- Ability to apply basic psychometric/measurement principles
- Ability to teach basic concepts in research design and data analysis
- Experience conducting educational research in a medical school
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with others in person and in writing
- Experience conducting educational workshops and seminars
- Research skills as evidenced by scholarly publications and grant writing experience
- Doctorate in education or MD with advanced training in education
- Five years experience in medical/health professions education and research.
Commensurate with experience.
To be considered for this position, please send a current CV and direct all inquiries to Maurice Hitchcock, EdD, Director of the Division of Medical Education: firstname.lastname@example.org.