Our board certified surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and support staff are committed to providing world-class care to our patients. We offer the latest surgical procedures and state-of-the-art equipment in a caring and compassionate environment.
Checklist of items to bring to your surgery
- Advance health care directive
- Medication list or medication bottles (including herbals and vitamins)
- Paperwork from surgeon's office
- List of allergies
- Date of last flu and/or pneumonia vaccine
- Insurance care
- Photo ID
- Name and phone number of the facility where your labs or preoperative tests were performed
Prior to your arrival, it is important to pay close attention to the instructions below in order to ensure you have the best possible experience at the Keck Hospital of USC Outpatient Surgery Center.
- Make sure you have an adult driver to drive you home. If you will be receiving any sedatives and do not have a driver, your surgery will be cancelled. You cannot drive for 24 hours. You may not take public transportation unless you have an adult with you. Your driver must sign your discharge papers.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. This includes gum, mints and water. You can brush your teeth, but do not swallow the water.
- If you take medication for high blood pressure or any heart condition, please take it the morning of your surgery with a very small sip of water.
- If you take medication for diabetes, whether it is insulin or a pill, please do not take or inject anything the morning of your surgery.
- If you take Coumadin, Plavix or any other type of anticoagulant, please call your doctor to advise if you should stop taking it. Do not stop taking it on your own.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages or smoke 24 hours before and after your surgery.
- Do not wear makeup, lotion or pins in your hair.
- Do not shave the surgery area.
- The facility shall not be liable for the loss or damage to any personal belongings. Please leave all valuables, including credit cards, wallet or purse with your designated driver.
- Leave your jewelry at home. All jewelry must be removed to prevent burns during your surgery. If you do not remove them, your surgery/procedure may be cancelled.
- Bring your eyeglasses with you, so you are able to read the paperwork you will sign. Do not wear contact lenses if you have glasses.
- Wear comfortable, loose clothing.
Valet parking is available in front of the facility. Click here for a campus map.
Visitors: click here for places to eat on campus.
Monday - Friday
5:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Outpatient Surgery Center
1450 San Pablo St.
Los Angeles, CA 90033
Phone: (323) 442-8895